As an educator, you know that literacy is a cornerstone of learning. The Oregon Reading Association (oregonread.org) is a professional organization for teachers, administrators, parents, and others who are dedicated to the promotion of literacy. The Mid-Valley Council is your local ORA chapter. Together, we will help keep you informed, inspired, and effective. In a time of “teach to the test” and “race to the top” testing, our efforts to promote literacy are needed more than ever. Join today and enjoy the many benefits of membership.
- Keep abreast of current literacy research and events through our newsletters, websites and blogs: The ORAcle (ORA), oregonread.org, and midvalleyreadingcouncil.wordpress.com. These information sources feature wide ranges of engaging articles on literacy, local and ORA council activities, and other related events of interest to educators.
- Receive special literacy celebration materials for free! The ORA and Mid-Valley Council sponsor a variety of fun and effective literacy activities that can be used in the classroom and at home throughout the year.
- Attend ORA programs at reduced registration rates. A variety of outstanding institutes and events are held during the year. Members may attend at a reduced rate.
- Network with other professionals interested in literacy. Sharing ideas helps educators stay fresh and effective. By becoming an ORA/Mid-Valley member, you can connect with others interested in promoting life-long literacy at both the local and state levels.
- Take advantage of the educational resources available to ORA members. The ORA has a wide variety of resources to share with members, including a professional lending library, video tapes of children’s authors, literacy grants, and Teachers As Readers (TAR) book groups.
- You can join both the ORA and Mid-Valley Reading Council for just $25! An ORA/Mid-Valley membership offers so much and costs surprisingly little; just $25 per year. Don’t delay!
Our Special Offer for 2016-2017
We are offering 2 years for the price of 1 year until Oct. 31, 2016. That’s right, new teachers, members who have let their membership lapse and substitutes can all take advantage of this special offer for 2 years for $25. You must print out and mail the membership form to receive this offer.
- New Teachers, Lapsed Membership Teachers and Substitutes alternate-midvalley-membership-2016-2017
Members who are renewing their membership may use the following membership form.
- Renewing Membership Form: midvalley-membership-2016-2017
If you prefer to use PayPal to pay online, please use the following form: